Buildings Insurance

What is it?

A policy that in the event of any damage to your property, will give you a sum to cover the majority of the cost of repairs.

Why do you need it?

Damage to your property can be costly to repair, particularly when dealing with fire or storm damage.
All lenders will insist this type of cover is in place as it is a common condition of any mortgage.

Things to bear in mind

If you don't have this type of cover, you will be responsible for the cost of repairs. Cover generally includes:

Damage caused by fire or flood
Storm damage

These are just a few of the perils covered. The policy can also be extended to protect your property against events like accidental damage.

Amount to borrow?
Interest rate?
. %
Repayment term?
Mortgage type?
Monthly mortgage payment