Contents Insurance

What is it?

Whilst building insurance will protect your actual property, it does not cover all the contents of your home. This type of cover will protect your furniture, soft furnishing, white goods and personal items.

Things to bear in mind

Damage to your property can be costly to repair, especially with a major event such as a fire or storm damage.
All lenders may recommend that you have this type of cover in place and it is not actually a condition of your mortgage.

Things to bear in mind

The cover provided can vary and most providers will offer additional protection, at a cost, for things like:

Personal belongings including cash etc) inside and outside the home
Individual items valued over a specific amount
Freezer contents

These are just a few of the extras available. The basic contents cover may not provide all the cover you require and additional areas of cover can be purchased to suit your individual needs. Discounts may be available for those in a neighborhood watch scheme or for those with a burglar alarm etc.

Amount to borrow?
Interest rate?
. %
Repayment term?
Mortgage type?
Monthly mortgage payment